Bonds | Insurance | About Us | Locations | Contact Us | Ashton Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What are Sellers of Travel?

In Florida, the Sellers of Travel law requires any person or business who is a seller or promoted of travel related services to register annually with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, unless exempt.

Sellers of Travel are also required to provide proof of assurance in the form of a performance bond, in an amount not to exceed $25,000, or $50,000 if they sell vacation certificates.  The Department is authorized to collect registration fees and impose penalties for non-compliance of the law.  In addition, an annual filing fee of $50 is required for each independent sales agent.

A Seller of Travel is any resident or nonresident person, firm or corporation, or business entity who offers for sale, directly or indirectly, at wholesale or retail, prearranged travel or tourist-related services for individuals or groups, through vacation or tour packages, or through vacation certificates in exchange for a fee, commission, or other valuable consideration.  The term includes any business entity offering membership in a travel club or travel service for an advance fee or payment, even if no travel contracts or certificates or vacation or tour packages are sold by the business entity.

Please check with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services at 1-800-435-7352, or click on for more information regarding your particular situation.

Ashton Agency has been serving the bonding needs of businesses across America for over 45 years.  We can help you with your Travel Bond.  Call us toll free at (800) 451-4854 or click

No comments:

Post a Comment